Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ultimate Package Wedding & Additions

Here is all the details of our wedding - Trying to sort this in the best possible way to view how I choose my options and how I was able to sub out options for other options.

PACKAGE DETAILS FOR DREAMS ULTIMATE WEDDING PACKAGE

    $2,999.00 USD
This package includes:
• Services of Justice of Peace or Minister
• Wedding Organization and personalization by our wedding coordinator
• Preparation and ironing of the Wedding dress and grooms tuxedo/suit
• Complimentary room for the groom the night before the wedding
(Based on availability)
• Personal Dressing Assistant
• Use of the Wedding Gazebo or Beach
• Bride`s Bouquet
• Two boutonnieres and two corsages for parents or witnesses
• One hour Gold cocktail party with Hors D`Oeuvres
(For 20 guests staying at the hotel)
• Special Gold Wedding Dinner party (For 20 guests staying at the hotel)
• 1 Natural Floral Centerpiece for Bride & Groom dinner table
• 1 Natural Floral Centerpiece for Ceremonial Table
• Wedding cake and sparkling wine for 20 guests
• Waterford Yours Truly Champagne Flute Pair
• Special turn down service
• Bride`s hairstyling for ceremony
• Make-up application for bride
• 15% discount on all Spa Treatments (Products not included)
• 50 Full color photos and wedding album
• Honeymoon Package
• Late check-out for bride and groom (Based on availability)
• Gazebo décor based on chairs with white covers, ceremonial table & white
carpeted walk way
• Live Mexican music trio (1 set)
• Video of the ceremony (30 min. DVD edited)
• 1 Spa treatment to choose from: 1 Swedish massage for two or 1 European
facial for two or 1 Salt Glow Body Scrub for two
*Restrictions/exclusions: Subject to Availability. Double occupancy only. Note: This package cannot be combined with the Dreams Eternity Honeymoon package. The free wedding package cannot be reduced when purchasing other packages. This package also applies for renewal of vows ceremony.



Gazebo Ceremony

Please see blog post - http://thetravelingbridedrc.blogspot.com/2012/03/gazebo-ceremony-decorations.html

Lanterns & Lighting
My parents own www.oogalights.com.  So I was able to snag the lanterns from them.  I wrote the coordinator and asked if I brought my own lanterns would they let me borrow their cord at no cost, they agreed in an email.  Make sure you have some type of clarification they will let you use their strand free of cost because another groom told me they were going to charge him for renting the strand even if he brought the lanterns.
*DRC strand holds 20 Lanterns/Bulbs. 


Lighting - they will give you lights for free - they won't leave you out in the dark.  So don't worry about ordering tons of lighting.  (can't make a promise) But they did add tons of lighting by the food area which I did not pay for (see picture).

Use code: WEDDING at check out for 10% off.

lighting at the buffet

Cake
The cake in the Ultimate Package Serves 20 People every additional person is $4.00 extra.  I showed her a picture that I found on Pinterest with the cakes stacked and a simple blue ribbon around each layer and they made it.
The topper was made using about $5 in material from the local craft store. Purchased a wooden letter M and then painted it and added some sticky gems I found in the scrapbook section.  Add some Popsicle sticks to the back and your done!  The resort added the red flowers free of charge.
*Make sure you tell them you want your topper back. I didn't tell them to save it and now I don't have it.  Which is okay since I made it for less then $5.


60 Guests - Cake Size



Flowers & Centerpieces 
Here are the questions I was asked by Gina in regards to the flowers I will break it down on how I swapped and added. My answers to her are in RED


Selection of bride´s bouquet: (select from catalogue attachedaccording to your wedding package)
The Ultimate Wedding Package Includes.
1 Bride bouquet DO NOT NEED 
2 Boutonnieres DO NOT NEED
2 Wrist corsages DO NOT NEED
2 Centerpiece ( one for the ceremony & one for the reception).
Additional Bridesmaids bouquet: (quantity and your selection from catalogue) - DO NOT NEED
Boutonnieres required: (will be according to brides bouquet) DO NOT NEED
Corsages required: (select design from bouquet catalogue) DO NOT NEED
Centerpiece for ceremony: (select from centerpiece catalogue)  MAYA 33 or 38 OUR COLORS ARE NAVY BLUE AND WHITE AND GRAY Possible to match or close? 

Our flowers compared to the original - we used blue flowers instead of purple.

Centerpieces for reception: (quantity and your selection from centerpiece catalogue) 6-8 quanity MAYA 23  - change red rose to white petals P - can I use credit since I wont need any flowers for wedding? Gina said yes, to adding more center pcs since I wasn't using any other flowers - free of charge.

FYI -  MAYA 23 will not work if it is too windy.  I wish I brought my flameless candles instead of using actual lit candles since they did not stay lit at all.  Not sure anyone noticed or cared once the dancing started.



I switched the red petals to white petals at no extra fee

.





Dinner Buffet
Dinner menus
http://thetravelingbridedrc.blogspot.com/2012/03/buffet-dinner-menus.html

The guest count for our wedding was 60 total, which required us to do the buffet option.  Which I thought was a much better option anyways since I knew I had some picky eaters attending our wedding.  We choose the Caribbean buffet which was soooooo tasty.  It had the best selection of meats and fish as well as side choices.

Service During Dinner
I just want to say the service and attention to the guests at dinner is hands down top of the line.  There was 6 guys working the dinner and the pop up bar at the reception.  They worked their butts off, they carried the plates of each our guests to their seats, placed napkins on their laps and constantly took drink orders.
Besides their work ethic being amazing they were also very cheerful and talkative.
We tipped each guy working $50.00 for their service.

*note make sure to have someone, maybe a parent, have the cash ready for tipping after the reception is over.  I didn't have cash right away and asked if I could tip tomorrow since it was in my room and they seemed to prefer it right away.  So we ran up to the room and grabbed the cash for them that night.



4 comments:

  1. Great pics!!! Your wedding looks so amazing! We are getting married at DRC in Nov and im totally stalking your blog for tips and answers to my million questions :). Can i ask how many additional people you ended up having to pay for to get that size cake? How many guests did you have at your wedding?

    Thanks so much for your info...very much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I am trying to add as much as possible as soon as possible! Trying to make sure I am thinking everything out. I had 60 guests at my wedding. They didn't charge extra just the $4 per person since I kept is plain white with just a simple ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I stumbled across this as I'm now considering DRC for our wedding next May. I LOVE your bouquets!! Did you make them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you bring the chair bows with you the resort will add them to the chairs for you free of charge, they will also bring them over to the dinner/reception too

    ReplyDelete