Friday, March 2, 2012

Shopping on Etsy

I know some of you may already know about www.Etsy.com.  But for those of you who don't, it's basically Amazon for crafters.  We were able to purchase many items for our wedding and have them customized just for us.


FLOWERS
The first purchase we made was our Flowers.  I knew I wanted more of a vintage feel and the flower selection that was offered for the Mexico wedding wasn't what I pictured on our big day.  My bridesmaids will have the white flowers against their navy blue dresses, and my flowers are the ones that have more blue.  The designer was very open to creating something that would fit my style that mixed with her imagination.
Shipping: Slow (she was in finally days before having her baby)


GARTER
I had this seller change the purple to Navy Blue and the beads changed to Gray.  Here is a picture of the original design I was attracted to.  $27 was a great price too!
Shipping: Quick

PHOTO BOOTH PROPS
This next seller was quick, quick, quick with response and shipping.  I seriously felt like I blinked my eyes and they were at my door.  These heavy duty card stock props are a great extra for the wedding.  We don't have a photo booth at our wedding (although Dreams offers it) the resort is allowing us to have an extra table set up with props and disposable cameras and a sign telling our guests to "get creative." 
I ordered 2 sets and she combined the shipping and also gave us a few extra props as a gift!
Shipping: FAST




GUEST BOOK POSTER
This is one of my favorite purchases off Etsy.  This seller takes your finger prints and wedding information and creates a high quality poster for your guests to sign!  We choose the 13x19 size poster for.  This seller slips the poster in to a plastic case and rolls it up and ships in a tube. Which is perfect for stashing in your suitcase.  We purchased a cheap frame to carry down with us and removed the glass, we just wanted the poster to lay flat and allow people to sign.  
Shipping: FAST



BRIDAL FEATHER FASCINATOR 
I opted not to wear a veil based on some posts I read and also a friend who told me she held her veil under her armpit the whole ceremony because of the wind.  I knew I didn't want to have to deal with that, I just wanted to be focused on my man. lol  This clip was also customized for me after I contacted the sellar. I wanted a blue feather and not a purple.  This seller was easy to work with and responded quick.

HIS RING
We loved this seller, amazing customer service.  We ordered this ring with a custom engraving.  When the ring arrived we realized we ordered to big.  Make sure if you purchase from this seller to use their FREE ring sizer  they can ship to you.  They took the ring back and remade it to the correct size.  Which was really great customer service.  Turn around time was quick, even when we had to have it remade.
Shipping: Quick

MUSTACHE FAVORS
These silly mustaches were another item we purchased on Etsy.  This seller is from Canada and shipping was not an issue.  She also through in some extras and a free gift as a wedding present.  She makes each of these and stuffs them with filling to give them a 3D effect.  Quality is good and would recommend.  We gave these favors to the men and the women get pashmina scarves that I will mention in another post.
Shipping: Standard allow a couple weeks for larger orders


That sums up the items I purchased on Etsy.com for our wedding.  This website is filled with tons and tons of sellers and the ideas are endless.  
Tips: 
Create an account
Contact the seller first to see how long of a lead time there is
Give them a time a few weeks before your deadline just in case.
Always ask the seller if they are able to change something to fit your wedding dreams
Shop around use the key word search for finding items similar maybe for less or better customer service.
Remember to write a review after purchasing/receiving

I hope this helps make your wedding more unique!

(I do not get paid to endorse nor do I sell on Etsy.com this was just advice)  

No comments:

Post a Comment