Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun Spa - Hair and Make Up

Hair
We were all overly impressed with the Spa and their quality of work at the resort.  Highly recommend and I am a stylist myself.

Make sure you book your appointments with the spa: spa2.drerc@dreamsresorts.com
I did mine about 1 month before our wedding for booking.
Also you can have the total bill charged to your room then all of the girls and moms will get an additional 15% off.  They can then go to lobby front desk and pay off their total to your room bill.

I read that brides had recommended bringing pictures in to show the Spa Stylists since they speak little English.  Don't let that detour you since I did not bring in a picture and showed them with my hands how I wanted my hair and the lady did an excellent job.

They were very quick too, there was 7 of us getting our hair done and we all finished in an hour.

Brides you will be placed in a room off the main salon room and that is where you will get your hair done.  It was nice to be in my own room but then also wanted to be out in the main area with  the rest of the girls.

They did have books to look through but if you can bring your own pictures you might be able to find something more modern.

The same girl who did my hair also did my make up.

VEIL - I would recommend not using a veil I am so glad I didn't, I watched another wedding and the girl had a veil it was a hot mess, she was holding it the whole time - totally ruined her pictures. It was wrapping around her face and flying all over she held it the whole wedding.  Just a suggestion.


Here we are doing our Kim K pose


Here is the best back view of the hair I could find.


Make Up
I didn't get a chance to see the brand of make up - but it looked like a professional brand, they might have different manufacturers since the hair products were also a brand I never heard of but worked great.

I told her just brown tones on the eyes and I let her have at it.  Usually I am super tense when people do my hair and make up but reading the reviews on BDW (which were great).  I just realized I can't get my self worked up and could always touch up when I get back to the room.  I was very surprised by the results and didn't even have to touch up anything.



TIPS - $20 to the lady who did my hair and make up
          My girls tipped $10 to their stylists.

Massage and Relaxation
We choose the Ultimate Package which included a couples massage.  I highly recommend using the service!  The spa is tranquil and peaceful tucked off to the side of the resort by the main lobby stairs.
If you choose to make a massage appointment, make sure to get their early and take advantage of all the amenities.
Bring your bathing suite.  They give you a locker to store all of your belongings that you set your own code to.  They then go over all the areas that are free to use in the spa as long as your appointment is booked.  They have a lounge area to relax and a little bar with healthy drinks to enjoy and relax.  I even saw another couple reading a book and taking a nap their too.
Also the spa has a small gym and a yoga room.

Since we were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite we also were given a tension massage that is paired with a body scrub or facial.  We just did the 25 min massage only.


We tipped around $10-15 per massage therapist.  You also don't have to tip until you leave the Spa.  The desk has envelopes that you can write the name of the therapist and then they give it to them.  So if you wanted to keep taking advantage of the spa you don't have to run and grab your tips for them.  Which makes it nice since I left my bag in the lockers.

3 comments:

  1. I love your whole wedding! Everything is so gorgeous! My colors are navy and yellow so I can definetly use some of your ideas! I was going to do the same thing for the flowers but I was also going to bring my own centerpieces. Did they charge you any difference for all the centerpieces? Thanks so much for helping us all out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. since my package included some center pcs and then I brought down a lot of my own they threw in extra center pcs for me for free since they were just glass vases and petals. if ur bringing your own see what they can offer you if you really are t using arrangements in the package!

      Delete
  2. Hello, first of all, congratulations for your wedding. no doubt aguna is a very big step in the life of all people. and thank you very much for choosing Cancun as a destination and a witness to this celebration.

    I love that my city is a destination for weddings of all kinds: Thematics, Mayan, In the jungle, mystical and diverse types of weddings.

    Currently one of the most requested celebrations is the underwater weddings in Cancun and it is not for more than a unique and fun experience, the detail is that everyone present should know how to dive or enjoy it from the surface.

    ReplyDelete