Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gift Bags - OOT Bags ?!?!

First off for those confused, OOT Bag = Out Of Town Bag.


Now-a-days when you attended a wedding and you stay at a hotel usually there is a little surprise for you when you check in or already waiting in your room.  Gift bags include things like water, snacks and maybe some other goodies.

Well what do you do when your wedding is at an ALL inclusive resort.  Water is free, food is free..... plus your traveling to another country.  Lugging extra gifts for the rooms can get tricky.

I pondered over this for a while, searching on sites coming up with a list of ideas browsing Best Destination Forums and asked people who would have extra room in their luggage to help me haul the items down.  I have 30 rooms to provide bags for and I was not looking to deal with all that extra stuff.  Don't get me wrong, OOT bags are awesome had it only been 15 rooms I might have opted for creating some fun gift bags.  I also don't like the idea of buying "junk" for people.  Rather just give nothing at all then something someone looks at and is like... yeah garbage!

That's when my Mother-In-Law came up with the idea for Gift Certificates.
I contacted Gina (wedding coordinator) and she got me in touch with the concierge who in formed me that they can provide certificates for each of my guests to use at the resort or gift shop.  I thought this was fabulous, they can use it for whatever they wanted at the gift shop!
Concierge told me they would charge one total to my credit card then divide it up between the rooms.


Contact Concierge Email: concierge.drerc@dreamsresorts.com

I decided to write a thank you note inspired by a Pinterest post and have the letters delivered to each room with the gift certificate inside.  This was also a great way to insert the timeline for the day of the wedding.


The letter we included with the gift certificates to the DRC Gift Shop
$10.00 per guest is what we gave

FYI - They charge a $3.00 service fee + 11% tax per room delivered
We handed ours to our guests - we greeted them when they arrived.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks you so much for sharing your ideas, you just made my life easer...

    -CondesaAzul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was much easier! Also the gift cards slips were used as a "charge to the room XXXX" So the guests that didn't want to use the card we weren't charged at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If is not to much to ask Katherine, how much it was the amount of your gift certificate? and Are there things in the gift shop with the amount you gave? Thanks again!

    -CondesaAzul

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did $10 gift certificates - this seemed to be amount we were willing to spend based on how many rooms we need to supply. Most people bought more sun tan lotion or Aloe. You are able to purchase things for $10 but people also used it to more expensive items.

    ReplyDelete